Sunday, July 6, 2008

Jealous Twin

So this is the inaugural blog post for my blog about being a transdude. I've been wasting a lot of time recently watching all the ftm vlogs on youtube, and thought, well that seems like a good idea, to detail one's transition in a structured and slightly public way. But I don't have a camera, so here I am on the more traditional blog.

A few things about me and my positon at the moment. I'm a pre-everything, pretty non-passing FTM on the verge of really going for it--the hormones, the name change, the boob amputation. And hopefully blogging will give me an outlet to a) explore in writing why and how I see myself getting through this, and b) maybe connect with and educate people who are going through a similar thing.

The more I think about it, the more I've always in some aspect considered myself a dude. Today I was having a nice cigarette on the back porch, a ritual that usually serves as a place for good revelations, and it occurred to me, I've always thought of my voice as being deeper than it actually is. When I'm turning things over in my head, I have this nice raspy tenor. And then, when I open my mouth, as they say, a yard of pink chiffon falls out. Or, at least, maybe a royal blue cashmere. Anyone want to swap?

Perhaps I'll leave it as this for now, and get into deeper issues in further posts. But for now, hello.

No comments: